2018 Easter Egg Hunt
March 24, 2018
Easter is a moveable feast, which sometimes falls earlier in the spring. This year, our earlier Easter had cooler weather but the children gathered yet again and with great joy! Thanks be to God, He heard our prayers so that the snow forecasted stayed away. Registration was inside Sutorius Hall where participants could get a hot dog, popcorn, and a look at genuine hand-painted Easter Eggs!
We started the hunt with a song of Easter joy and the Easter shout, "Christ is risen! He is risen indeed, Alleluia!" Special thanks are due to our choir director and choir for a beautiful introduction. Then Pastor Ed briefly described some Easter symbols. This year it was the empty cross and the empty tomb. We organized the children into groups by age so that the young ones are not competing against the older ones. Everyone was eager to start hunting but did a great job lining up and waiting at the base of the front steps. Our Sunday School Superintendent then led each group up to the church yard where hundred of eggs were waiting! While the younger ones hunted for eggs, the older ones played games with the pastor and our youth leader. We close Markison Avenue each year so that the families who gather in front of the church stay safe and we have lots of extra space for play. Everyone found lots of eggs thanks to our many volunteers who made the event possible. In conclusion, we went back into Sutorius Hall to review prize eggs and have our drawing for Easter baskets. Below are some additional pictures that illustrate the fun!
Thanks to all those who expressed interest in Sunday School at Emmanuel, Kids' Night Out, and our June Vacation Bible School. We hope to see you again at our next event!
- April 21, 2019 Easter Services
Easter is the most important holiday in the spring Christian calendar. Emmanuel's worship team...
- April 13, 2019 Easter Egg Hunt
Registration for our annual Easter Egg Hunt begins at 11:30 AM inside Sutorius Hall where...
- March 6 Ash Wednesday and Lenten Services
Pastor Ed vested for leading Lenten services. Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten...
- February 16 Kids' Night Out Event
- Level 2 Snow Emergency Home Prayers
- Baptism of Our Lord Sunday
- New Year's Eve Service
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Services
- Children's Christmas Service
- Breakfast with Saint Nicholas
- Thanksgiving Day Service
- All Saints' Day (Observed) November 4, 2018
- All Hallows' Eve Labyrinth October 31
- Reformation Dinner
- 120th Anniversary Celebration September 9
- Summer Bible Study
- 2018 Vacation Bible School Closing Service
- 2018 Vacation Bible School Carnival Kick Off
- Emmanuel's Gardens
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Pentecost Color Sunday
- Ascension Day
- Kids' Night Out
- 2018 Easter Egg Hunt
- Youth Service Project: Thank You Very Mulch!