May 10, 2018
On Thursday, May 10, 2018, we reach the fortieth day after Easter. For forty days after His resurrection, Jesus visited with and taught His disciples to prepare them for their mission. Ascension Day concludes that time and commemorates Jesus’ ascension to the right hand of the heavenly Father.
Emmanuel will have services at 11 AM and 7 PM just as we do in Lent. Additionally, we will have an Ascension Day meal. Bring something to pass, as simple as a bag of chips or as elaborate as you can find in mother’s cook book. Either way, the point is to gather like the early disciples did and enjoy one another’s company. If the weather is good, we will be outside in the churchyard. If the weather is not good, we will be in Sutorius Hall. Watch the weather and prepare appropriately. As last year, we will need younger men to help remove the Lenten crosses.
Emmanuel's churchyard cross displays a white cloth, which symbolizes the empty shroud that wrapped the body of Jesus when He was buried. Younger men of the congregation set up the cross on Ash Wednesday and remove it on Ascension Day, bearing the cross on behalf of the congregation.
- Attention Gamers
Emmanuel recently enjoyed some youth events, including a Mario Kart tournament. This got me...
- April 21, 2019 Easter Services
- April 13, 2019 Easter Egg Hunt
- March 6 Ash Wednesday and Lenten Services
- February 16 Kids' Night Out Event
- Level 2 Snow Emergency Home Prayers
- Baptism of Our Lord Sunday
- New Year's Eve Service
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Services
- Children's Christmas Service
- Breakfast with Saint Nicholas
- Thanksgiving Day Service
- All Saints' Day (Observed) November 4, 2018
- All Hallows' Eve Labyrinth October 31
- Reformation Dinner
- 120th Anniversary Celebration September 9
- Summer Bible Study
- 2018 Vacation Bible School Closing Service
- 2018 Vacation Bible School Carnival Kick Off
- Emmanuel's Gardens
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Pentecost Color Sunday
- Ascension Day
- Kids' Night Out
- 2018 Easter Egg Hunt
- Youth Service Project: Thank You Very Mulch!