March 6 Ash Wednesday and Lenten Services
March 6, 2019
Pastor Ed vested for leading Lenten services.
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten season for Christians, a time of repentance and renewal. Emmanuel holds services on Wednesdays until Holy Week when services are held on Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. Organizations in the church host Lenten meals before the Wednesday evening services. Visitors are welcome to attend the meals and to worship with us. Our theme this year will be Christ's Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1--12), which appear on Emmanuel's campus monument on the corner of Markison Ave. and 4th Street. Below is the complete schedule.
March 6, 11 AM and 7 PM Services; 6 PM Lenten Meal
March 13, 11 AM and 7 PM Services; 6 PM Lenten Meal
March 20, 11 AM and 7 PM Services; 6 PM Lenten Meal
March 27, 11 AM and 7 PM Services; 6 PM Lenten Meal
April 3, 11 AM and 7 PM Services; 6 PM Lenten Meal
April 10, 11 AM and 7 PM Services; 6 PM Lenten Meal
April 18, Maundy Thursday Services, 11 AM and 7 PM
April 19, Good Friday Services, 11 AM and 7 PM
- April 21, 2019 Easter Services
Easter is the most important holiday in the spring Christian calendar. Emmanuel's worship team...
- April 13, 2019 Easter Egg Hunt
Registration for our annual Easter Egg Hunt begins at 11:30 AM inside Sutorius Hall where...
- March 6 Ash Wednesday and Lenten Services
Pastor Ed vested for leading Lenten services. Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the Lenten...
- February 16 Kids' Night Out Event
- Level 2 Snow Emergency Home Prayers
- Baptism of Our Lord Sunday
- New Year's Eve Service
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Services
- Children's Christmas Service
- Breakfast with Saint Nicholas
- Thanksgiving Day Service
- All Saints' Day (Observed) November 4, 2018
- All Hallows' Eve Labyrinth October 31
- Reformation Dinner
- 120th Anniversary Celebration September 9
- Summer Bible Study
- 2018 Vacation Bible School Closing Service
- 2018 Vacation Bible School Carnival Kick Off
- Emmanuel's Gardens
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Pentecost Color Sunday
- Ascension Day
- Kids' Night Out
- 2018 Easter Egg Hunt
- Youth Service Project: Thank You Very Mulch!