Pentecost Color Sunday
May 20, 2018
On May 20, 2018, we reach the fiftieth day after Easter, the day on which the Lord poured out the Holy Spirit upon the early Christians (Acts 2). In commemoration of this special day, we will do a few things differently.
Come dressed in bright colors: red, yellow, and/or orange. These colors will remind us of the flames of Pentecost when the Lord set the hearts and lives of the disciples on fire.
Between our 8 AM and 10:30 services, come to Sutorius Hall for some brightly colored Pentecost treats and festive decoration! You will have time to visit with others who gather at 9:15 AM.
Think about what the Lord has accomplished in your life since Christmastide. I will invite persons who gather in Sutorius Hall to share stories of God’s work in their lives. Open your hearts to your brothers and sisters and share your good news.
Artist Gretchen Engelbrecht enhances Emmanuel's entry ways with four Pentecost-themed chalk drawings.
- Attention Gamers
Emmanuel recently enjoyed some youth events, including a Mario Kart tournament. This got me...
- April 21, 2019 Easter Services
- April 13, 2019 Easter Egg Hunt
- March 6 Ash Wednesday and Lenten Services
- February 16 Kids' Night Out Event
- Level 2 Snow Emergency Home Prayers
- Baptism of Our Lord Sunday
- New Year's Eve Service
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Services
- Children's Christmas Service
- Breakfast with Saint Nicholas
- Thanksgiving Day Service
- All Saints' Day (Observed) November 4, 2018
- All Hallows' Eve Labyrinth October 31
- Reformation Dinner
- 120th Anniversary Celebration September 9
- Summer Bible Study
- 2018 Vacation Bible School Closing Service
- 2018 Vacation Bible School Carnival Kick Off
- Emmanuel's Gardens
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Pentecost Color Sunday
- Ascension Day
- Kids' Night Out
- 2018 Easter Egg Hunt
- Youth Service Project: Thank You Very Mulch!